The Ultimate Wedding Planning Checklist for Bride
Are you a bride who is looking forward to your wedding after the engagement? If then, here is a comprehensive wedding checklist to pull off your wedding ceremony just like you always wanted to! We hope this detailed checklist can help you with your wedding planning.
12 Months Before the Wedding
- Collect design inspirations by checking social media, bridal magazines, and fashion websites before choosing your dream bridal dress in Dubai.
- Workout on the budget – determine the amount of money you will have to spend on your wedding, and ascertain the contributions.
- Start preparing your guest list. Pick who will be attending your wedding.
- Plan the guest list using a spreadsheet with all details like address and contact info as the guest list plays a major role in cutting costs.
- If necessary, hire a planner, as they will have relationships with good vendors.
- Choose the wedding date, and book the venue.
- Calculate the time required for travelling, especially if you have separate locations for the ceremony and reception.
- Hire the videographer, photographer, caterer, florist, band, and other important vendors, as the event pros get booked up in advance.
Nine Months Before the Wedding
- Book all the remaining entertainments. If you can, attend the gigs of the bands you are considering to see how they are performing.
- Finalize on the dinner and drinks menu. If your venue doesn’t offer a catering service, hire them now.
- Choose a bridal shop in Dubai to purchase the wedding dress of your choice.
- Schedule time for at least three fittings.
- Reserve hotel rooms for your guests.
- Create a wedding website in which you can create pages to tout the date of travel information, accommodation, nuptials, etc.
Six Months Before
- Select and purchase the invitations. Hire a calligrapher if necessary as addressing each card can be time-consuming.
- Start planning the honeymoon, and make sure the passports are up to date.
- Shop for your bridesmaid’s dresses. Allow time for the dresses to be ordered and sized.
- Meet the officiant. Confirm that you have all the official documents required for the wedding.
- Send out save the date cards.
- Book electrical necessities, portable toilets for outdoor events, extra chairs, and so on.
- Arrange transportation, limos, and cars.
- Make a schedule of the event with the help of your planner.
Four Months Before
- Book the venue for the rehearsal dinner.
- Negotiate and finalize the cost and the menu. If you are planning a day-after brunch, book that venue too.
- Check the wedding invitations with your calligrapher. Revise them if needed.
- Choose and order your wedding cake.
- Purchase wedding shoes, veil, and other accessories.
- Book your hair and makeup artists after making appointments with local experts to try them out.
- Set the complete playlists of what should be playing when the party is announced, during the dinner, etc.
Three Months Before
- Finalize the flowers and menu as they are affected by the seasons.
- Plan the welcome arrangements for your guests.
- Making a list of who all are giving toasts after discussing with your loved ones.
- Decide who should do the readings at your wedding.
- Schedule the second fitting, and purchase the undergarments.
- Print the menu cards. You can do this at home.
- Send out the first draft of the schedule to each vendor. This gives them enough time for tweaks if any.
Two Months Before
- Get in touch with all the vendors, and make sure the schedule is finalized.
- Meet with photographer and discuss shots and locations.
- Review the playlist with your band.
- Send out the invitations setting the RSVP cut off at three weeks.
- Arrange a bachelorette party.
The Last Month Before Wedding
- Enter the RSVPs into your guest list, and contact people who haven’t responded.
- Mail the invitations for the rehearsal dinner.
- Visit your tailor for the final fitting.
- Stock the bar, as you have an idea of the headcount.
- Confirm the timings of the hair and makeup artists.
- Arrange the seating, and write the name of your guests with sticky notes.
- Purchase the thank you gifts for the rehearsal dinner.
- Write down your vows if required.
The Wedding Week
- Reconfirm timings with your vendors.
- Choose people for everything. Someone to bustle your dress, someone to carry your things, someone to be in charge of the gifts, someone to be a point of contact with the vendors, etc.
- Pickup the dress or make the arrangements for the delivery.
- Check with the photographer for the last time, and provide the list of important moments to capture.
- Book an appointment with the spa, a manicure, and a pedicure.
- Send the final guest list to the caterer and the venues hosting the events.
- Break in the shoes.
- Assemble the welcome baskets.
- And, get prepared for the honeymoon!